Black cumin is what it is, and why it is so popular
What kind of plant is black cumin
Black cumin – what is it?
Black cumin is a favorite and revered in many cultures of spice, as well as a well-known medicine, used in a variety of ailments and conditions.
Cumin black can be found under such names as black sowing, kalinji, seidan (sedan), nigella or Roman coriander. The characteristic spicy and pungent taste of black cumin grains makes it a frequent substitute for peppers when cooking a variety of dishes. It is with cumin (black cumin) in the first place associated bright Indian cuisine – this spice is used everywhere, adding to salads, dressings, hot and even sweet dishes.
The plant of black cumin today is used from roots to seeds. Dark cumin root is an ingredient in numerous oriental sweets. Greens are added when cooking hot dishes. And from seeds produced useful cumin oil, which is widely used in a variety of fields: from medicine to cosmetology.
Black cumin and its oil are extremely popular products. They are useful for maintaining well-being, for the skin, for getting rid of the symptoms of many diseases (from digestive problems to such global problems as hypertension).
Cumin and oil from it are frequent components of all kinds of cosmetics, anti-cellulite wraps, ointments to care for the cleavage, neck and chest. Striking rejuvenating effect is noted by girls using creams with the addition of cumin and hair masks with cumin oil. Ointments, lotions and serums for problem and oily skin work much better if they contain cumin or cumin oil. Moreover, it is not necessary to buy a special remedy, cumin can enrich even the usual everyday cream.
ExternalLy Nigella sativa is also used to treat all kinds of skin problems: psoriasis, neurodermites, eczema, warts, wounds, blackheads, boils and others. For internal use, modern medicine offers to use decoctions, infusions, drinking cheese oil.
History of use
Archaeologists to this day find on the excavations of the tombs of Egyptian nobles and pharaohs containers filled to the top with tar oil. In ancient Egypt, the healers used it as a cure for almost any ailment.
In the Arab tradition, cumin is extremely common because the Prophet Muhammad believed that the plant would cope with all earthly diseases, except for death. The best characteristics for a variety of medicinal properties of the product can not be invented.
In ancient times, healers most often used cumin to restore visual acuity, in the treatment of complex infected wounds, skin diseases, kidney problems, headaches and heart pain.
Where Nigella sativa grows
The seeds of black cumin began to spread around the world from the Middle East. It is the Arabic experience of use and Arabic recipes from cumin are considered the oldest. The Prophet Muhammad spoke of its benefits and recommended that Muslims use cumin in any disease. Pretty quickly the seed conquered the Asian countries, then got to the south of the modern European continent and conquered Africa.
Today, cumin is grown all over the world. The best seeds are Ethiopian, among the highest quality – Egyptian, Syrian, Saudi, Indian. Manufacturers often use seeds blends – they are especially popular in the manufacture of oils. Mixing cumin from different regions allow you to get oil with a composition that includes a variety of useful properties.
Useful substances in black cumin
Detailed description of the composition of Black seed devoted to extensive scientific work based on laboratory research and evidence science.
We will focus on the substances that are most in the composition and which play the most important role for our health:
- fats (Omega 6 and 3, essential oil, tocopherols, carotenoids, phytosterols), which contain up to 40% of cumin;
- Part of proteins (about 20%);
- fiber (6 to 30%);
- a variety of macro and micronutrients, vitamins (riboflavin, thiamine, pyridoxin, folic acid, PP, E, C, K, etc.);
- minerals (iron, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, etc.).
The calorie content of the product is considerable – 375 kcal per 100 g, largely due to the high fat content. Of course, this calorie can be lowered even with careful calculation during the diet. The amount of cumin used as a spice is negligible. If you drink cumin oil, the average daily dosage – 1-2 teaspoons, which is also quite a bit.
How to use Black seed
The benefits of good black cumin
Understand what black cumin can be, turning to its useful properties:
- cumin helps to strengthen the immune system;
- relieves spasms and anesthetizes (especially effective for gastrointestinal problems);
- enhances the regenerative processes that are actively used in means to maintain the female beauty and youth of skin, hair, nails;
- increases performance, “removes” from the state of mild depression, adds energy and thirst to life;
- Helps deal with the effects of stress;
- It has an antioxidant effect;
- reduces blood pressure, is useful to hypertension;
- “removes” the accumulated cholesterol in the body;
- normalizes the liver, kidneys, bile;
- eliminates allergies, especially affecting the upper respiratory tract;
- has antifungal and anti-parasitic effects;
- Eliminates inflammation and helps to remove toxins;
- cumin is able to stop the growth of cancer cells in the early stages and has a preventive anti-cancer effect.
How to use it
The treatment of black cumin oil is used for a variety of problems:
- To improve memory, you need to brew a teaspoon of cumin seeds and a tablespoon of dried mint. Decoction should be allowed to infuse for an hour, drink instead of tea or coffee during the day.
- Buying quality cumin is important at high pressure. To combat hypertension, cumin is rubd into powder (you can in a coffee grinder) and brew one spoonful of boiling water. Infusion should be drunk entirely once a day before breakfast.
- From toothache a small amount of powder from the cumin seed is mixed with olive oil and the resulting porridge smeared a sore tooth. For the same purpose, you can use cumin oil.
- To treat the inflamed throat used rinse cooled infusion of seeds cumin (a spoon of seeds pour a glass of boiling water, allow to cool).
- When a runny nose, the cumin powder is mixed with olive oil and their nose is buried. From the headache saves the following mixture: the seeds of cumin, anise and cloves are mixed in equal parts, crushed to a state of flour. A teaspoon of the mixture is taken before going to bed and immediately after waking up.
- A mixture of ground seeds of cumin with honey is used daily for problems with kidney stones and bile.
- An effective remedy for sleep disorders is a glass of warm milk with a spoonful of cumin seeds and a spoonful of honey, taken before dinner.
- Cholesterol reduces the next medicine based on cumin – dried millennial and cumin seeds (by spoon) rub into powder, pour a glass of honey, stir and clean in the refrigerator. Take a spoonful of the mixture every morning before eating.
Reviews of cumin confirm its moisturizing, rejuvenating, tonic effect on the skin and hair. That is why cumin is widely used in cosmetology, most often in the form of oil. The soil oil moisturizes the skin of the body, applied to the hair in the form of a mask, added to face creams, serums, hommages and cleansers.
All about black cumin and its benefits
Black cumin is ordered in Kiev, as a rule, for prevention – as a general strengthening product, which positively affects not only health, but also external beauty. However, there are connoisseurs who use this natural gift to treat serious disorders in the body up to the fight against cancer, high pressure and cholesterol deposits on the walls of blood vessels.
There are several ways to use the useful properties of cumin:
- Cooking. Cumin is the most popular spice on all continents, in a variety of cultures. For example, in Indian cuisine it acts as one of the main condiments, and in our culture the tradition of using cumin is not so wide, it is added to a small number of dishes (to black bread, to stewed cabbage, etc.).
- Medicine. Black cumin and cumin oil are prescribed as an auxiliary, supporting bioadditive supplement to nutrition and basic treatment (in its pure form, in the form of capsules, powders, etc.).
- Cosmetology. The abundance of vitamins in cumin oil, phytosterols and other beneficial oils make it a good choice for regular care of our skin and hair. In addition, such oil has an anti-inflammatory and antifungal effect, which means, helps to heal the skin, restore its protective functions.
- Traditional medicine. There are a large number of recipes for the use of cumin to solve a variety of health problems – all thanks to the long tradition of using this plant. Through trial and error, the areas in which cumin is particularly effective have been identified, the correct dosages and methods of use have been identified. Many of these recipes are used to this day.
All about cumin and its harm
Contradictions to the use of black cumin are as follows:
- It should be taken with caution to people with low blood pressure;
- Pregnant women;
- Coronary heart disease;
- After suffering a heart attack;
- Acute gastritis;
- neglected cases of gallstone disease;
- The presence of transplanted organs;
- In systemic diseases (such as diabetes) consultation with the doctor is required, self-use is prohibited!
For all these states should be limited and use Nigella sativa as a culinary condiment. There is an individual intolerance of cumin and products based on it.
The main rule when taking – do not exceed the dosage. In large quantities, cumin can cause stomach irritation, diarrhea.
How to buy black cumin in Ukraine
Black cumin is a popular product in the online store Al-Saha. Our customers have long been familiar with products containing cumin seed and black cumin oil. We have natural oils (in liquid form, and in the form of capsules), shampoos with black cumin seeds oil, anti-aging creams with cumin and more.
The sale of black cumin oils and all “tminos” products is carried out at one of the most profitable prices in Ukraine. Such pleasant prices – thanks to established contacts with manufacturers from all over the world. Al-Saha always works directly with manufacturers to ensure that its customers have affordable value and maximum freshness.
Buy in Kiev real oriental seeds of black cumin and medicinal cumin oil can be online in the online store Al-Saha:
- Call 099 180 18 21 or 068 435 95 96;
- Making an order directly on the site;
- In an online chat on the site;
- Contact us via Skype
- writing to us in the Al-Saha group on Facebook.
We deliver to Kiev (courier or self-delivery), all over Ukraine, as well as abroad (around the world).
The Importance of Cumin for Our Health
It is difficult to overestimate the healing properties of cumin seeds and the importance of including it in our daily diet – in any accessible and convenient form. The use of cumin has been proven by many studies and centuries of use first by healers, then by certified doctors. You can use this amazing aromatic spice from an early age – cumin is safe, has a wide range of action, quickly “puts on its feet” even in serious health problems.
Thanks to The Active Work of Al-Saha, the price of all products containing cumin is available to everyone. There are discounts on bulk purchases.